Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Report for November, 2005

Greetings once again from Chile. I hope that all of you are doing well.
We began November with some welcome news. Steve Ridgell, with the Herald of Truth ministry, Rex Morgan, producer of the television program "Con La Biblia Abierta", Marlene Albarrán, my secretary, and I met with Christian Salamovich V., the executive director of the television station UCVTV- Universidad Católica Valparaiso TV 3:30 p.m. Friday, November 4, 2005. During our meeting we finalized the last details of our television program. In the coming year, we will offer a television program starting on March 1, 2006 through October 28, 2006 at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. I invite you all to pray for the success of this venture. As you all know, we have been preparing for this opportunity for some time now.
In November, I spent two weekends working with two churches in Ecuador, one in Ibarra and one in Guayaquil. I taught a conference in Ibarra to a full house. The congregation is more active now, showing some improvement, specifically in two areas. They are actively considering naming elders. They are also having more success inviting in new people. In addition, they have finished construction on a couple of additional rooms to the church building, which they did themselves. I also gave some presentations at the church in Guayaquil. I found out that this church was on the brink of giving up and going home, when I first arrived there. Now they have a young man from Ibarra, Juan Pablo Rosero, Henry Rosero’s brother, who is working full time there. I spent the entire time in Ibarra and Guayaquil talking about the gospel. I figured that we would spend time on the basics. The result of this is that the two congregations understand more clearly what we believe. The congregation in Ibarra also has new people. Juan Pablo has been studying with two new persons. In addition, two people showed up Sunday morning when I preached from off the street. I suspect that they heard me preach during the week. At any rate, I think there is marked improvement in the churches.
Henry Rosero accompanied me to Chile. Beto Hernandez from Venezuela and Henry gave a series of presentations in Santiago during the last week of November.
On Thanksgiving, I invited the participants from my class on John on Thursday morning to participate with me in a Thanksgiving meal. We gave thanks to God for many things, and then we sat down to turkey and dressing and all the trimmings. Beto and Henry enjoyed this unique American experience tremendously. It was a pleasure for me to share that with all of the Latin Americans present. On Thursday evening, I continued my class on evangelism.
Saturday morning, we held our national men’s meeting that we have twice a year. I left the house with plenty of time that morning, but had the bright idea that I would take one of the brand new highways in town to the church. It was a colossal mistake. I got stuck in a massive traffic jam. It was thirty minutes before I could leave the area, and then I had to drive around until I found another route to the church. I arrived late to find everyone waiting on me, since I was to be the first speaker. I gave a talk on Ephesians 1. The theme was the spiritual improvement of the church. It was a good theme for all of us. Sergio Plaza also spoke and then Beto Hernandez ended it. We also had lunch together. It was good.
Sunday evening and Monday, we had a ministers’ mini-retreat. Twenty men participated. We went down to Casablanca about twenty feet from the Pacific Ocean. We talked about what God expects in men, in relation to manliness. We also ate some delicious fried fish fresh from the ocean. Undoubtedly, we are going to be known as the church that eats together. That is biblical.
Today, I am leaving for a trip to the north. I will be gone two weeks. This trip is to visit various congregations. Pedro Sanchez, Milton Muñoz, Henry Rosero from Ecuador, and Rolando Suazo from Vicuña will accompany me. I am going to write about it on the website, Preaching the Gospel in Chile, www.harry1976.blogspot.com if you want to accompany me on the trip.
God bless you. Thank you for your support.

In Christ,

Harry R. Hamilton

No comments: